The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- Perinton Fire Departments Recruitment Drive
Bushnell's Basin Fire Department along with Fairport and Egypt Fire Departments will be at Fairport Canal Days today and tomorrow recruiting new members. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter in the Town of Perinton, New York please stop and see us. Our booth is located on Liftbridge Lane across from Mulconry's Irish Pub & Restaurant.
- BBFD Drive-Through / Virtual Open House 2020
The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department’s annual open house is going to be a little different this year. On Saturday, October 10th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm we are going to host a drive-through, along with, a virtual open house. Bring yourself and the kids down to 661 Kreag Road, and from the comfort of your own car, you will be able to meet your…
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Birkenstock USA Recalls Kids’ Mogami Sandals Due to Choking Hazardon July 28, 2021 at 12:00 am
A plastic rivet can detach from the sandal’s ankle strap, posing a choking hazard for young children.
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard and Burn Hazard; Manufactured by Tkala Fashion; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.comon July 28, 2021 at 12:00 am
The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Facebook Technologies Recalls Removable Foam Facial Interfaces for Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Headsets Due to Skin Irritation Hazard (Recall Alert)on July 27, 2021 at 12:00 am
The foam facial interfaces can cause facial skin irritation and reactions including rashes, swelling, burning, itching, hives, and bumps.
- BRP Recalls Side-by-Side Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)on July 22, 2021 at 12:00 am
The stock CVT air intake can become completely obstructed with snow causing the drive belt to overheat and break, posing a fire hazard.
- Polaris Recalls RZR Recreational Off-Road Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)on July 22, 2021 at 12:00 am
A raised edge on the machined surface of the turbocharger castings can result in an oil leak, posing a fire hazard.