The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- Recruitment and Free Electronic Recycling Event
On Saturday April 28th, Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department will conduct a joint recruitment and FREE electronic recycling event at The Hitching Post Plaza in Bushnell’s Basin. The event will run from 11 am to 3 pm. Note: no televisions or computer monitors will be accepted Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department Vice-President Dan Mack says, “Recruiting new members is a top challenge for fire departments and districts…
- Is there a fire in you?
We are hosting a recruitment event on April 28th from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Hitching Post Plaza in downtown Bushnell’s Basin. If you can’t wait till then come down any Monday night at 7:00 pm and meet with us for more information.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Honeywell Recalls Hard Hats Due to Risk of Head Injury
- Briggs & Stratton Recalls Surface Cleaners Due to Injury Hazard
- Polaris Recalls Phoenix 200 All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard
- Polaris Recalls Ranger XP Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Injury Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Base Brands Recalls Water Bottles Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard (Recall Alert)
- Wild & Wolf Recalls Petit Collage Children’s Toy Xylophones Due to Choking Hazard
- Primark Recalls Decorative Cushions Due to Fire Hazard
- Schneider Electric Recalls Square D Safety Switches Due to Electrical Shock Hazard
- Jo-Ann Stores Recalls Light Sets Due to Laceration Hazard
- Group Rossignol Recalls LOOK Pivot Ski Bindings Due to Fall Hazard