The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- Do you know what these professions have in common?
Accountant, VP of Sales, IT Professional, Teacher, Monroe County Sheriff, City of Rochester Firefighter, Lawyer, Customer Service Representative, Retiree, Town Employee, Give up yet? These ten professions are some of the many profession of Bushnell's Basin members. Let us add your profession to the list!
- Bushnell's Basin busy during recent storm
Busy, Busy, Busy.... During and after Tuesday's rain storm BBFD responded to 17 calls for assistance. Here are some pictures showing what we helped with and media coverage we received.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Mirrors Due to Laceration Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Allura Recalls Children’s Sleepwear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- Burton Recalls Snowboard Boots Due to Fall Hazard (Recall Alert)
- ORTOVOX Recalls Avalanche Transceivers Due to Loss of Emergency Communications Capability
- Camso Recalls Dirt to Snow Bike Conversion Kits Due to Crash and Impact Hazards
- Sandoz and Novartis Recall Prescription Drug Blister Packages Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirements
- BRP Recalls All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Helmets R Us Recalls Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury (Recall Alert)
- Baccus Recalls Stanley Workbench LED Light and Power Stations Due to Shock and Electrocution Hazards (Recall Alert)
- Huish Outdoors Recalls Scuba Diving Regulators Due to Drowning Hazard