The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- BBFD Drive-Through / Virtual Open House 2020
The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department’s annual open house is going to be a little different this year. On Saturday, October 10th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm we are going to host a drive-through, along with, a virtual open house. Bring yourself and the kids down to 661 Kreag Road, and from the comfort of your own car, you will be able to meet your…
- WHEC News Story on Anonymous Donation
BBFD has received two donations from a great family for life saving equipment. The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association is overwhelmed by this generous donation. Watch the WHEC news story to learn about how this donation will help protect our volunteers.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- ADCO Recalls Candles Due to Fire and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Dollar Treeon December 2, 2020 at 12:00 am
The candles’ high flames can ignite the surface of the wax or cause the glass to break, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Huffy Recalls Torex Ride-on Toy UTVs Due to Injury Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Walmarton December 2, 2020 at 12:00 am
The ride-on toy can unexpectedly move when connecting the battery after recharging, posing an injury hazard.
- Santa Cruz Bicycles Recalls Bicycles with Aluminum Frames Due to Fall Riskon November 25, 2020 at 12:00 am
The aluminum frame pieces could have experienced thermal damage during a non-standard paint stripping operation and can bend or buckle, posing a fall hazard.
- Towsleys Recalls 3-in-1 Qi Wireless Chargers, Power Banks and Travel Chargers Due to Fire Hazardon November 25, 2020 at 12:00 am
The chargers and power banks can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- RH Recalls Wine Barrel Chandeliers Due to Injury Hazardon November 25, 2020 at 12:00 am
Hardware parts used to hang the chandeliers can break causing the chandelier to fall from the ceiling, posing an injury hazard.