The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- Bushnell's Basin Fire Department's Annual Open House.
Enjoy some FREE family Fun at our Annual Fire Department Open House. Our doors will be open to everyone on Saturday, October 8th from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. This event will include some hands-on activities, exciting demonstrations, and plenty of photo opportunities including firefighter gear, fire trucks including our newest Engine 312, Sparky the Fire Dog, and of course the Firefighters themselves.
- Perinton Fire Departments Recruitment Drive
Bushnell's Basin Fire Department along with Fairport and Egypt Fire Departments will be at Fairport Canal Days today and tomorrow recruiting new members. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter in the Town of Perinton, New York please stop and see us. Our booth is located on Liftbridge Lane across from Mulconry's Irish Pub & Restaurant.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Specialized Bicycle Components Recalls Tarmac SL7 Bicycles and Framesets Due to Fall and Injury Hazardsby Specialized Bicycle Components Recalls Tarmac SL7 Bicycles and Framesets Due to Fall and Injury Hazards on October 13, 2021 at 12:00 am
The bicycle’s fork steerer tube can crack or break after harsh impact such as hitting a deep pothole or other stress event, posing fall and injury hazards to riders.
- Joovy Recalls Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Strollers Due to Fall Hazard (Recall Alert)by Joovy Recalls Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Strollers Due to Fall Hazard (Recall Alert) on October 7, 2021 at 12:00 am
The stroller’s front wheel bearing can fail or detach, posing a fall and injury hazard.
- Hobby Lobby Recalls White Wood Stools Due to Fall and Injury Hazardsby Hobby Lobby Recalls White Wood Stools Due to Fall and Injury Hazards on October 6, 2021 at 12:00 am
The stools can break during use, posing fall and injury hazards.
- ElliptiGO Recalls Arc Model Stand-Up Bicycles Due to Fall and Injury Hazardsby ElliptiGO Recalls Arc Model Stand-Up Bicycles Due to Fall and Injury Hazards on October 6, 2021 at 12:00 am
The bicycle frame can break while riding, posing fall and injury hazards to the user.
- Macy’s Recalls Martha Stewart Collection Oil & Vinegar Cruets Due to Laceration Hazardby Macy’s Recalls Martha Stewart Collection Oil & Vinegar Cruets Due to Laceration Hazard on September 29, 2021 at 12:00 am
The glass portion of the cruets can break during use, posing a laceration hazard.