The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- BBFD Drive-Through / Virtual Open House 2020
The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department’s annual open house is going to be a little different this year. On Saturday, October 10th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm we are going to host a drive-through, along with, a virtual open house. Bring yourself and the kids down to 661 Kreag Road, and from the comfort of your own car, you will be able to meet your…
- WHEC News Story on Anonymous Donation
BBFD has received two donations from a great family for life saving equipment. The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association is overwhelmed by this generous donation. Watch the WHEC news story to learn about how this donation will help protect our volunteers.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Mueller Austria Recalls Onion Choppers Due to Serious Laceration Hazardon October 29, 2020 at 12:00 am
The product’s locking tab can detach from the rest of the unit during use, causing hands and fingers to slide into the blades.
- Serena & Lily Recalls Nash Convertible Cribs Due to Injury Hazard (Recall Alert)on October 29, 2020 at 12:00 am
The leg can become partially detached from the crib’s headboard and footboard, posing an injury hazard.
- Gorilla Commerce Recalls Oven Liners Due to Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Recall Alert)on October 29, 2020 at 12:00 am
If the oven liner is not cut or configured for the exact specifications of the oven and it is placed over any vents or other openings in the oven, carbon monoxide can build up, posing a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning to consumers.
- Schneider Electric Recalls Surgeloc™ Surge Protection Devices Due to Fire Hazardon October 28, 2020 at 12:00 am
The Surgeloc Surge Protection Device can experience an arc event, which can result in a fire hazard.
- Porter World Trade Recalls Ron Jon Surf Shop Sippy Cup Due to Violations of Federal Lead Content and Phthalates Banson October 28, 2020 at 12:00 am
The plastic characters on the recalled Sippy Cup contain levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban and contain levels of a regulated phthalate that exceed the prohibition of specific phthalates. Lead and banned phthalates are toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.