The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- BBFD Drive-Through / Virtual Open House 2020
The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department’s annual open house is going to be a little different this year. On Saturday, October 10th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm we are going to host a drive-through, along with, a virtual open house. Bring yourself and the kids down to 661 Kreag Road, and from the comfort of your own car, you will be able to meet your…
- WHEC News Story on Anonymous Donation
BBFD has received two donations from a great family for life saving equipment. The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association is overwhelmed by this generous donation. Watch the WHEC news story to learn about how this donation will help protect our volunteers.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- SmartPool Recalls Children’s Multi-Purpose Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injuryon February 24, 2021 at 12:00 am
The recalled helmets were incorrectly advertised and marketed for children aged 2 years or older. However, the recalled helmets do not comply with minimum safety requirements for children younger than 5 and pose a risk of head injury to those children.
- Urban Outfitters Recalls Margo Taper Candle Holders Due to Fire Hazardon February 24, 2021 at 12:00 am
The candle holders can catch on fire if they come in contact with the candle’s flame, posing a fire hazard.
- Northern Tool & Equipment Recalls Powerhorse Portable Generators Due to Shock Hazardon February 24, 2021 at 12:00 am
The portable generators have a wiring error which can result in an electrical shock to users.
- Potter Electric Recalls Addressable Pull Stations Single/Dual Action Due to Failure to Alert to Fireon February 24, 2021 at 12:00 am
The pull handle on some units can fail to activate the fire alarm system when manually pulled, posing a risk of failure to alert consumers to a fire.
- Anker Play Products Recalls 10-in-1 Incredible Inventions Science Kit Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Banon February 17, 2021 at 12:00 am
Paint on the red and blue magnet contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues. In addition, the product packaging lacks the required warning labels for magnets and balloons.