The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- BBFD Drive-Through / Virtual Open House 2020
The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department’s annual open house is going to be a little different this year. On Saturday, October 10th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm we are going to host a drive-through, along with, a virtual open house. Bring yourself and the kids down to 661 Kreag Road, and from the comfort of your own car, you will be able to meet your…
- WHEC News Story on Anonymous Donation
BBFD has received two donations from a great family for life saving equipment. The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association is overwhelmed by this generous donation. Watch the WHEC news story to learn about how this donation will help protect our volunteers.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Scalpa Recalls Scalpa Numb Maximum Strength Topical Anesthetic Cream Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert)on January 14, 2021 at 12:00 am
The product contains the substance lidocaine which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the product is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning to young children.
- Juratoys Recalls Toy Trumpets Due to Choking Hazardon January 13, 2021 at 12:00 am
The small plastic pieces inside the toy trumpets can come loose and can be ingested by children, posing a choking hazard.
- Sea to Summit Recalls Camping Pots Due to Burn and Scald Hazardson January 13, 2021 at 12:00 am
The nylon latch can disengage from the pot and cause the handle to detach, posing burn and scald hazards.
- Belkin Recalls Portable Wireless Chargers + Stand Special Edition Due to Fire and Shock Hazardson January 13, 2021 at 12:00 am
A manufacturing defect in the power supply unit can cause the charger to malfunction and overheat, posing fire and shock hazards.
- Noble House Home Furnishings Recalls Chests, Cabinets and Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards (Recall Alert)on January 7, 2021 at 12:00 am
The recalled chests, cabinets and dressers are unstable and can tip over if not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-19).