The Bushnell’s Basin Fire Association, Incorporated, established in 1940, protects the southwest area of the Town of Perinton, New York. Primarily a residential area, Bushnell’s Basin is home to approximately 12,000 people.
- Announcing the “LJ Strong Fundraiser”
On April 5, 2021, Past Chief and current member of the Bushnell’s Basin Fire Department, LJ Sutherland was diagnosed with terminal cancer. To help support LJ and the LJ Sutherland Scholarship Fund, a fundraiser is being hosted by his daughter Ashley, along with Ted Aroesty, Steve Burruto and Chris Mueller. The aptly named the “LJ Strong Fundraiser” is being held at Thirsty's at 8 State…
- BBFD Annual Open House
Enjoy some FREE family Fun at our Annual Fire Department Open House. Our doors will be open to everyone on Saturday, October 8th from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. This event will include some hands-on activities, exciting demonstrations, and plenty of photo opportunities including firefighter gear, fire trucks including our newest Engine 312, Sparky the Fire Dog, and of course the Firefighters themselves.
- Stroke: Know the signs
Strokes can be scary and can happen to anyone, but if you are able to recognize the signs and get help quickly your chances of making a full recovery are greatly improved. Take the time to learn FAST. FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the most common symptoms of a stroke. F stands for FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of…
- Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries Annually
According to the NFPA, 59% of home fire fatalities occur in houses that have no working smoke detectors. A properly installed and tested home fire alarm with a fresh battery is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do to protect yourself and your family from a home fire. Be sure to change your batteries at least once a year or when the smoke detector…
The following is a list of recalls from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Clicking on the links below will forward you to www.cpsc.gov where you can learn more about the recall. This is for informational purposes only and Bushnell's Basin Fire Dept. does not validate the information below. For a more complete list, please visit www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Green Sprouts Recalls Toddler’s Stainless Steel Bottles and Cups Due to Lead Poisoning Hazard (Recall Alert)by Green Sprouts Recalls Toddler’s Stainless Steel Bottles and Cups Due to Lead Poisoning Hazard (Recall Alert) on November 23, 2022 at 12:00 am
The recalled stainless-steel bottles and cups bottom base can break off, exposing a solder dot that contains lead, posing a lead poisoning hazard to the child. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children, and can cause adverse health effects.
- Indigo Books & Music Recalls Indigo Branded Bear Mugs Due to Burn and Laceration Hazardsby Indigo Books & Music Recalls Indigo Branded Bear Mugs Due to Burn and Laceration Hazards on November 23, 2022 at 12:00 am
The recalled mugs can crack or break when filled with hot liquid, posing burn and laceration hazards.
- Bentex Recalls Children’s Clothing Sets Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint and Lead Content Ban; Lead Poisoning Hazardby Bentex Recalls Children’s Clothing Sets Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint and Lead Content Ban; Lead Poisoning Hazard on November 23, 2022 at 12:00 am
The textile ink painted on the recalled clothing sets contains levels of lead that exceed either the federal lead paint ban or the federal lead content ban, posing a lead poisoning hazard. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
- Polaris Industries Recalls MATRYX, AXYS and Pro-Ride Snowmobiles Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)by Polaris Industries Recalls MATRYX, AXYS and Pro-Ride Snowmobiles Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert) on November 17, 2022 at 12:00 am
Electrostatic discharge inside the fuel tank can cause vapors to ignite during operation and the tank to burst, posing a fire hazard.
- Children’s Rainbow Stacking Toys Recalled Due to Choking Hazard; Manufactured by Professor Puzzleby Children’s Rainbow Stacking Toys Recalled Due to Choking Hazard; Manufactured by Professor Puzzle on November 17, 2022 at 12:00 am
The toy’s information sticker can become exposed and detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.